Harissa Chicken With Leeks and Potatoes
This dish is a flavor explosion that will transport your taste buds to the Middle East with its bold and spicy harissa marinade. Tender chicken thighs are roasted to perfection and paired with caramelized leeks and crispy potatoes for a hearty and satisfying meal that's bursting with Mediterranean flavors. Get ready to take your dinner game to the next level with this fiery and aromatic dish that's perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend feast with friends!
for 2 servings
- 2 lb bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and drunmsticks (910 g)
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons harissa paste
- 2 lemons, juiced, plus 1/4 cup (60 ml), divided
- 1 ½ lb yukon gold potato (680 g), cubed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup greek yogurt (285 g)
- ½ cup fresh parsley (20 g), chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts, halved lengthwise, rinsed, and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 lemon, zested
- Marinate the chicken: Add the chicken to a large bowl and season with the salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, harissa paste, and the juice of 2 lemons. Toss until the chicken is well-coated, then cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Add the potatoes to half of a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and the parsley and toss to coat. Arrange the marinated chicken pieces on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Roast the chicken and potatoes for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, salt, pepper, parsley, honey, dill, sumac, and remaining ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice. Stir well until smooth, the set aside.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, toss the potatoes, then spread the leeks and lemon zest in an even layer over the potatoes.
- Return to the oven for another 20 minutes, or until the chicken is browned and cooked through and the vegetables are tender and slightly crispy.
- Serve the chicken over the potatoes and leeks and drizzle with the yogurt sauce.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.