Hash Brown Benedict
This dish is the perfect brunch indulgence! Crispy hash browns form the base of this savory stack, which is then topped with perfectly poached eggs, spinach, and a tangy hollandaise sauce.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ yellow onion, small diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons McCormick® Paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® black pepper
- 3 cups frozen shredded potatoes (300 g)
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 2 poached eggs
- finely chopped fresh chive, for garnish
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter (110 g), hot
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion, McCormick® paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add the frozen shredded potatoes and remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes start to turn golden and crisp up a bit.
- Within the skillet, divide the potatoes into two piles and place a large, round cookie cutter ring around each pile. Scoop any potatoes that are outside of the cookie cutters into the center of the rings. Use a spatula to pat down the piles inside the rings to form patties. Reduce the heat to low and cook until bottom of the hash browns are crispy. Use tongs to remove the cookie cutter rings, then carefully flip the hash browns to crisp up the other side. Once crispy, remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, add the baby spinach and wilt down over low heat. Remove the spinach from the pan.
- Make the hollandaise: Place the egg yolks and lemon juice in a blender. Blend for 10 seconds, then slowly stream in the hot melted butter while the blender is still running. The sauce will thicken by the time all of the butter has been added. Blend in salt.
- To assemble, place a hash brown on each plate. Top with spinach and a poached egg. Spoon the hollandaise over the eggs. Garnish with chives.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.