92% would make again
featured in 9 Sweet Vs. Savory Waffle Recipes
June 10, 2019
for 2 servings
- 1 ½ lb russet potato (680 g), peeled
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (75 g)
- ½ cup French Crispy Fried Onions (50 g)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® black pepper, pure ground
- 2 eggs, whisked
- scallion, sliced, for garnish
- Calories 694
- Fat 38g
- Carbs 62g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 27g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Shred the potatoes, then wring out excess water. Mix potatoes with cheddar, French’s Crispy Fried Onions, salt, and McCormick Black Pepper Pure Ground. Fold in whisked eggs.
- Preheat waffle iron on high. Spray iron with cooking spray. Evenly spread half of the potato batter in the waffle iron and close. Cook for 5–7 minutes until nicely browned.
- Using a fork, remove hash-brown waffle from iron. Cook the second waffle using the rest of the potato batter.