96% would make again
featured in Low Calorie Weekday Chicken Recipes
for 2 servings
- ¼ cup fresh spinach (50 g)
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese (50 g)
- 2 chicken breasts
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese (20 g)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 378
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 55g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cook the spinach on a medium heat in a splash of oil for 3-5 minutes until it is slightly wilted.
- Stir in the ricotta and cook for a further 30-60 seconds. Allow to cool.
- Cut slits into the chicken breasts about 1cm (½ inch) apart but don’t cut all the way through - about 75% of the way down is what you should aim for.
- Stuff all of the spinach and ricotta mixture into the slits.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grate the cheddar and sprinkle it generously on top.
- Shake the ground paprika over the chicken to add some colour and flavour.
- Bake in the centre of a pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes 400°F (200°C) until the cheese has melted and the juices are clear.