90% would make again
featured in Cheesecakes Vs. Cheese Steaks
for 1 serving
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups mushroom (150 g), quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese (115 g), softened
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup fresh chives (10 g), chopped
- 1 sirloin steak
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (30 g)
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, cooking until translucent. Add mushrooms, salt, and pepper, cooking until mushrooms are golden brown. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine mushrooms, cream cheese, egg yolks, and chives, stirring until evenly incorporated. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- On a cutting board, season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
- Cut about ¾ of the way through the steak, making the incisions 1-inch (2 cm) part.
- Pack a spoonful of the mushrooms mixture into each cut in the steak.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Sear the steak for about 30 seconds, then bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on how you like your steak cooked. Slice and serve.