Hawaiian Mac Salad
Buttery shrimp with a creamy mac salad is a match guaranteed to make your taste buds water. Cook your shrimp in a bed of foaming butter until they’re pink and opaque, then sauté your garlic for no more than a minute for the best homemade garlic butter you’ll ever taste! You can also quickly make this garlic butter as the perfect topper to any meal!
for 4 servings
- ½ lb elbow macaroni (225 g), cooked according to package instructions until past al dente
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ cup whole milk (120 mL), plus more as needed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise (240 g), divided
- ¼ cup white onion (35 g), grated
- 1 cup carrot (110 g), grated
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Calories 676
- Fat 45g
- Carbs 55g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Drain the macaroni and transfer to a large bowl. While the pasta is still hot, mix in the apple cider vinegar and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ cup (120 ml) of milk, the sugar, and ½ cup (120 G) of mayonnaise.
- Toss the mayonnaise mixture with the slightly warm macaroni until well coated. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or up to 4 hours, until fully cooled.
- To the cooled macaroni, add the remaining ½ cup (120 G) of mayonnaise, the onion, and carrots. If the pasta appears a bit dry, add up to ¼ cup (60 ml) more milk. Season with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and the pepper.
- Garnish with the scallions before serving.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.