96% would make again
Healthier Chicken Alfredo Pasta
featured in Creamy & Satisfying Pasta Recipes
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth (240 mL)
- 1 cup skim milk (240 mL), or milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups spinach (80 g)
- 2 cups whole grain penne pasta (400 g), cooked
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (30 g), optional
- Calories 722
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 83g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive oil over a skillet and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper, and cook 5-8 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the garlic and sauté for one minute over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the flour over the garlic and slowly add in the chicken stock.
- Quickly stir to avoid lumps.
- Add in the skim milk, stir ,and allow to reach a boil to thicken sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the sauce is thickened, add in the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Remove from heat and add in the cooked penne, chicken, and parmesan. Stir to coat.
- Top with fresh parmesan.