Healthier Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Whip up a guilt-free version of your favorite comfort food with this Healthier Chicken Alfredo Pasta recipe. Savor the creamy, garlicky goodness without sacrificing flavor, while enjoying a lighter take on a classic dish.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth (240 mL)
- 1 cup skim milk (240 mL), or milk of choice
- 2 cups spinach (80 g)
- 2 cups whole grain penne pasta (400 g), cooked
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (30 g), optional
- Calories 334
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 35g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 27g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the chicken. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper, then cook for 5-8 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the garlic 1 minute, until fragrant. Sprinkle the flour over the garlic, then slowly pour in the chicken stock, stirring to prevent lumps from forming.
- Add the skim milk, stir, and bring to a boil. Season with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cooked penne, chicken, and Parmesan, if using. Stir to combine.
- Serve the pasta with more Parmesan.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.