Healthier Froyo Cookie Sandwiches
Say hello to a guilt-free dessert with these Healthier Froyo Cookie Sandwiches! They're the perfect blend of chewy oatmeal cookies and creamy frozen yogurt, making them a deliciously satisfying treat for any sweet tooth.
for 4 servings
- 2 cups greek yogurt (570 g)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 stalk vanilla bean, scraped
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups rolled oats (200 g), or 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) oat flour
- ½ cup coconut oil (100 g), melted
- ¼ cup honey (85 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (90 g)
- Calories 886
- Fat 40g
- Carbs 109g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 57g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C.)
- Combine the Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla in a bowl. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for 2 hours, or until consistency is thick and creamy but still scoopable.
- Add the rolled oats to a bowl of a food processor and pulse until it becomes a flour-like consistency.
- Combine coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl. Add in oats, baking soda, and a pinch of salt and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, form 8 balls of cookie dough and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using your hands or the back of a spoon, press down firmly on each ball to form a cookie shape. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes. While the cookies are cooling, you may want to remove ice cream from the freezer and let sit out to soften.
- Flip cookies over so the flat sides are facing up. Add one scoop of frozen yogurt to 4 of the cookies. Use the remaining 4 cookies to form sandwiches by placing on top of the ice cream scoop and pressing down very gently to slowly spread out the ice cream. Feel free to use a spoon to smooth out the ice cream instead.
- Freeze for 1 hour, or to your liking.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.