92% would make again
Healthier Veggie Fried Rice
featured in 4 Easy Instant Pot Dinners
for 2 servings
- 2 cups brown rice (390 g)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (475 mL)
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup frozen peas (75 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, whisked
- scallion, sliced, for garnish
- Calories 1880
- Fat 81g
- Carbs 245g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 29g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the brown rice, vegetable broth, and diced carrots to your Instant Pot. Stir until combined.
- Close the lid until you hear the beep. Tip: Closing the lid can be tricky. Have the pressure knob at 11 o’clock and turn right.
- Turn pressure knob to “Sealing”. Select Manual and reduce the time to 24 minutes. It will say “On” in a few seconds. Note: the Instant Pot will need to warm up for 5-10 minutes. Steam will be released and a few minutes later, the time will start counting down.
- Once the time goes off, carefully turn the pressure knob to “Venting”. Let all of the stream release before opening the lid.
- Stir the rice, then transfer from the pot into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Select “Saute” on the Instant Pot. Once it says “Hot”, add the oil.
- When the oil is shimmering, add the onion. Cook for around 1 minute until slightly opaque.
- Add the minced garlic, frozen peas, salt, and pepper. Mix until incorporated.
- Add rice mixture and stir until everything is combined.
- Make a well in the middle of the rice for the eggs. Pour the beaten eggs into the well, stirring only the eggs until they are cooked.
- Mix everything together. Top with scallions.