for 1 serving
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup fresh spinach (10 g)
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 whole wheat english muffin
- avocado, sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, spinach, red bell pepper, black pepper, and salt.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Place a greased mason jar lid right-side up in the pan. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the lid. Cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes, until the egg has set on the bottom.
- Remove the cover and use a fork pull the lid off of the egg. Flip the egg and cook for another 3 minutes, until cooked through.
- Place the egg patty on the English muffin and top with the sliced avocado.
Have a recipe of your own to share?