Healthy Homemade Gazpacho
This refreshing and healthy gazpacho is a perfect summer soup that requires no cooking. The fresh vegetables and herbs are blended into a chilled and velvety soup that will cool you down on a hot day.
for 4 servings
- 2 lb tomatoes (900 g), preferably beefsteak or roma, quartered, plus more, chopped, for garnish
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped, plus more for garnish
- ½ white onion, chopped, plus more for garnish
- ⅓ cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 slice bread, preferably stale, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup olive oil (80 mL)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar, or red wine vinegar
- 1 cup cold water (240 mL)
- 1 pinch ground cumin, optional
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Calories 276
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 22g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, bread, garlic, olive oil, sherry vinegar, water, cumin, salt, and pepper to a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Transfer the soup to a pitcher and chill in the refrigerator until cold.
- Pour into serving bowls and garnish with more tomato, cucumber, and bread.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.