88% would make again
Hearty Rice Noodle Soup
featured in 4 Dorm-Friendly Microwavable Recipes
for 1 serving
- 2 ½ cups vegetable stock (600 mL), or water
- ¼ cup white onion (40 g), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Tasty Hearty Spice Blend
- low sodium soy sauce
- 1 oz vermicelli rice noodle (28 g)
- ½ cup small zucchini (75 g), cut into ribbons
- ½ cup small carrot (60 g), peeled, cut into ribbons
- 4 oz firm tofu (115 g), cubed
- In a 32-ounce (950 ml) wide-mouth mason jar, combine the vegetable stock, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, hearty spice blend, soy sauce, and noodles. Cover the mouth of the jar with plastic wrap. Microwave on high power for 5 minutes, until the noodles are tender.
- Peel carrot and zucchini into ribbons.
- Carefully remove the jar from the microwave and remove the plastic wrap. Add the zucchini, carrot, and tofu. Recover the jar with the plastic wrap and let sit for 5 minutes, until the vegetables soften.