96% would make again
Hearty Roasted Veggie Salad
featured in Salads You'll Love
Inspired by foodandwine.com
for 4 servings
- 3 beets
- 1 cup olive oil (240 mL), divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 cups mixed greens (600 g)
- 1 cup walnuts (100 g), chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (55 g)
- Calories 935
- Fat 82g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- On a cutting board, cut the root end of the beet so it lays flat on the surface. Place the beet on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with ¼ teaspoon salt. Wrap the foil around the beet and pinch the top of the foil together until the beet is sealed in. Repeat with the other 2 beets.
- On a sheet pan, place the onions, carrots, parsnips, and sweet potato.
- Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with ½ teaspoon pepper and ½ teaspoon salt. Toss the the vegetables until coated and spread them evenly in the pan.
- Create 3 circular spaces for the beets. Place the 3 beets on the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour until with vegetables begin to crisp and caramelize.
- In a large bowl, add ½ cup (120 ml) of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and garlic powder, and whisk until emulsified. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Add the mixed greens, roasted vegetables, and the beets to the bowl with the vinaigrette and toss until evenly incorporated.
- Serve with walnuts and feta.