Holiday Chicken And Wild Rice Bake
Get into the festive spirit with this scrumptious Holiday Chicken and Wild Rice Bake! This cozy, comforting dish is loaded with tender chicken, wild rice, and a creamy sauce that'll make your taste buds sing.
for 8 servings
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 ½ cups butternut squash (720 g), cubed
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 4 cups wild rice (800 g), cooked al dente
- 3 ½ cups Walmart® Rotisserie Chicken (435 g), shredded
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups milk (360 mL)
- 1 cup chicken stock (240 mL), or broth
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup dried cranberries (65 g)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Calories 523
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 77g
- Fiber 19g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 34g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the onion, butternut squash, celery, wild rice, and shredded Walmart® Rotisserie Chicken to a 9x13-inch (22 x33 cm) baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour and let bubble for 1 minute. Slowly pour in the milk and chicken stock, whisking constantly, until combined. Simmer for 4–5 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened and creamy.
- Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, thyme, and lemon juice until combined.
- Pour the cream sauce over the chicken and rice mixture in the baking dish and fold with a spatula until well combined.
- Sprinkle the dried cranberries over the bake, then top with the shredded Parmesan.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 30–35 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is browned. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the parsley, then serve.