Homemade Candy Cane And Brown Sugar Eggnog
Indulge in the holiday spirit with this Homemade Candy Cane and Brown Sugar Eggnog, a delightful twist on a classic favorite. Sip on this creamy, minty, and sweet concoction that'll have you feeling festive in no time!
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 6 cups
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- 5 cups milk (1 L)
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped for vanilla seeds (or 2 tsp vanilla bean paste)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 candy canes, blended into a fine powder
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Calories 501
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 72g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 58g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yolks and brown sugar. Whisk well for 5-6 minutes until the mixture has increased in volume and thickened, and a figure “8” can be drawn when lifting up your whisk.
- In a saucepot, add the milk and vanilla then bring up to a barely a simmer. Then, start to slowly add the warmed milk to the yolk and sugar bowl, whisking constantly to avoid scrambling. Continue to temper the mixture until the warm milk and egg mixture has combined, then return everything back to the pot. Then add the nutmeg.
- Cook the mixture on low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon (making sure that no bits begin to stick or scramble to the bottom). Continue to cook slowly and gently until the mixture slightly thickens and coats the back of your spoon. Strain into a bowl (to capture any bits that may have scrambled in the process) then stir in ¼ cup of the ground candy cane. Transfer to a resealable plastic container, then place in the fridge to chill completely.
- When ready to serve, wet a paper towel then swipe the rims of each glass. Dip the glass into some more of the candy cane powder to create a festive rim. Fill each glass with some eggnog, then top with fresh whipped cream and some extra grated nutmeg.