92% would make again
Homemade Chinese-Style Crispy Duck In A Pancake
featured in Pancakes With A Twist!
for 12 servings
- 2 duck legs
- 4 cups boiling water (1 L)
- 6 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- ⅔ cup rice vinegar (150 mL)
- ½ cup spring onion (75 g), chopped
- ½ cup ginger (25 g), finely diced
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons five spice
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 12 chinese pancakes
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce (60 g)
- 4 spring onions, shredded
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Calories 285
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Lightly score into the skin of the duck legs.
- In boiling hot water, add vinegar and sugar. Stir.
- Submerge the duck legs in the glaze mix for 20 seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F).
- Pad dry the duck legs with kitchen roll.
- Mix well all the marinade ingredients.
- Give the duck legs a good rub in the marinade.
- On a cooling rack set over a baking tray, place a bed of the marinade then put the duck legs on top. Make sure they are skin side up.
- Roast the duck legs for 30 minutes on 160°C (320°F).
- Turn up the oven to 200°C (400˚F) and roast the duck for another 20 minutes.
- Rest the duck legs for 10 minutes, then shred them with two forks.
- Serve with Chinese pancakes, hoisin sauce, shredded spring onions, and sliced cucumber.