Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 1 lb yukon gold potato (455 g), scrubbed
- ice water, for soaking
- 2 cups canola oil (240 mL), plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 container Heluva Good!® French Onion Dip
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Using caution, very thinly slice the potatoes on a mandoline. Soak potatoes in a large bowl of ice water for 30 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to paper towels to dry thoroughly before frying.
- Fill a large, high-walled skillet with 2 inches of canola oil. Heat over medium heat until the temperature reaches 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with paper towels and set a wire rack on top.
- Working in small batches, fry the potatoes, stirring and flipping frequently, until crispy and golden brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer from the oil to the wire rack to drain and season with the salt and pepper while the chips are still warm.
- Serve the chips with the Heluva Good!® French Onion Dip.