80% would make again
Homemade Ricotta Ravioli
featured in Ravioli Snacks To Make At Home
for 2 servings
- 8 cups whole milk (1.9 L)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz baby spinach (170 g)
- salt, to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water (235 mL)
- 1 packet wonton wrapper
- Calories 687
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 80g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 48g
- Protein 41g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk to a boil. Add lemon juice, stir and let sit for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the milk from the heat, let stand for about 15 minutes to curdle.
- Place a strainer over a deep bowl. Line the strainer with a cheese cloth of a clean kitchen towel. Pour the milk into the kitchen towel and let strain for about 30 minutes.
- Discard the liquid.
- Sauté spinach and garlic.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta and spinach. Salt to taste. Add one beaten egg.
- Spoon mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper.
- Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water. Top with another wonton wrapper. Gently seal around the filling in the center and the edges.
- Boil ravioli for two minutes.
- Drain ravioli and serve with your choice of sauce.