Honey Butter Cereal
This recipe is for anyone who has a sweet tooth and loves a good crunch. Honey butter-flavored snacks are very popular in Korea, and if you make this with corn flakes, it’s very similar to a snack known as Honey Joys in Australia. Whether you’re enjoying this as a late night snack or decadent breakfast, it’s sure to satisfy any time of day.
March 08, 2023
for 4 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter (75 g)
- ¼ cup brown sugar (50 g), packed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 4 cups cereal (70 g), preferably corn flakes or whole wheat flakes
- Calories 650
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 124g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 36g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 300° F (150°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, honey, and vanilla, if using, and let sit until the sugar has fully dissolved, tilting the pan to allow the sugar and butter to spread and prevent burning, about 3 minutes. If there are any clumps of brown sugar, crush them with a spatula. Stir very gently to allow any last clumps to dissolve, then remove the pan from heat.
- Add the cereal and fold gently to coat evenly without breaking.
- Spread the cereal in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- The cereal can be broken into smaller pieces to enjoy in a bowl with milk, or be kept in larger clusters to enjoy by hand as a snack.