Honey-Garlic Chicken & Veggie Skewers
These skewers are the perfect combination of sweet and savory, featuring juicy chicken, crunchy vegetables, and a flavorful honey garlic marinade. They are perfect for a summer barbecue or as an easy and healthy weeknight dinner.
for 3 servings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup honey (115 g)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (80 mL)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 red onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- fresh parsley, to taste
- wooden skewer, soaked in water
- Calories 618
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 64g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 53g
- Protein 51g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Soak the skewers in water for 5-10 minutes and set aside.
- In a bowl with the chicken, add the ingredients for the marinade.
- Mix until coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- If baking, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare the vegetables by cutting them into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) squares.
- Assemble the skewers starting with the red onion, followed by the bell peppers and chicken. Repeat three times.
- Place the prepared skewers on a baking sheet and brush with remaining marinade.
- Bake or grill for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.