90% would make again
Honey Jalapeño Chicken Sliders
featured in Everything You Can Cook With Jalapeños
These sliders are made with ground chicken, stuffed with Monterey Jack cheese and jalapeños, topped with an easy-to-make slaw, and glazed with honey butter for a sweet, savory, and spicy snack.
February 05, 2020
for 12 servings
- 2 lb ground chicken (910 g)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ½ cup white onion (75 g), grated
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 ½ cups shredded monterey jack cheese (150 g)
- 4 medium jalapenoes, cut into 1/4 (6 mm)
- 1 package sweet slider buns
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey, clover
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage (100 g)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage (100 g)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons rice vinegar
Honey Butter Glaze
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey, clover
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- Calories 294
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 21g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the chicken burger: Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, salt, pepper, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and onion. Mix well until evenly distributed.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Press half of the chicken mixture into an 11 x 10-inch (23 x 21 cm) rectangle in the center of the prepared baking sheet. Evenly sprinkle the cheese over the chicken patty and layer the jalapeños on top. Top with the remaining chicken mixture, spreading evenly.
- Bake the chicken burger for 30-40 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C). Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- While the burger cooks, make the sauce and slaw. For the sauce, mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon, and honey in a small bowl.
- For the slaw, toss together the green and red cabbage and carrots in a medium bowl. Add the salt and rice vinegar and toss well.
- Using a serrated knife, gently cut the slider buns in half to create a large top and bottom bun for the burger. Spread the bottom bun with the some of the sauce.
- Using a spatula, transfer the burger patty to the bottom bun. Top with the slaw, drizzle with the remaining sauce, and cover with the top bun.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, honey, and sesame seeds. Brush the glaze over the top bun.
- Slice between each row of buns, creating 12 sliders.
- Serve warm.