Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
Serve up this salad for a fresh and satisfying lunch. Packed with savory flavor from honey mustard-marinated chicken thighs, bacon, tomatoes, avocado, and red onion, it's a crowd-pleasing meal to add to your weekday rotation.
for 4 servings
- ⅓ cup honey (115 g)
- ¼ cup dijon mustard (65 g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup bacon (60 g), chopped
- 4 cups romaine lettuce (300 g), chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (200 g), halved
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- Calories 431
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 37g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 31g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, mix the honey, mustard, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in a dish and pour the marinade over the chicken, reserving half for later.
- Flip the chicken thighs over, fully covering them in the marinade.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and place the chicken thighs in the pan.
- Cook for five minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean and place back on the heat.
- Add the chopped bacon to the pan and cook until crispy, about ten minutes.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add three tablespoons of water to the reserved marinade and stir to combine.
- Slice the chicken into strips.
- Add the romaine, cherry tomatoes, red onion, avocado, cooked bacon, and chicken to a bowl and drizzle with the remaining honey mustard dressing.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.