97% would make again
Honey Mustard Glazed Ham
featured in For Ham Lovers Only
Inspired by foodwishes.blogspot.com
for 12 servings
- onion, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (60 mL)
- ¼ cup stone ground mustard (60 g)
- 1 cup orange juice (240 mL)
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 lb picnic ham (4 ½ kg), cured
- ½ cup honey (170 g)
- ½ cup dijon mustard (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- Calories 1221
- Fat 79g
- Carbs 30g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 27g
- Protein 87g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the chopped onion, garlic cloves, apple cider vinegar, mustard, orange juice, and cloves to a large roasting pan, stirring to combine.
- Place the ham on the roasting rack over the liquid.
- Trim off tough outer skin, then score the remaining fat in a crosshatch pattern. Cover the entire roasting rack with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the ham from the oven, and remove the foil. Baste the ham with the liquid, then remove the rack from the roasting pan and set aside.
- Remove all the whole cloves from the remaining liquid in the pan. Pour the remaining liquid into a pot, along with the honey, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat, then simmer until thick and reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Brush the glaze on to the ham then transfer back to the roasting rack.
- Bake the ham for 30-45 minutes, or until the glaze is caramelized and the ham reaches 145°F (65°C).
- Slice the ham, and serve.