Honey Mustard Glazed Ham
featured in For Ham Lovers Only
Take your holiday ham to the next level with this honey mustard glaze. The sweet and tangy glaze perfectly complements the salty ham for a mouth-watering main dish.
May 04, 2023
96% would make again
for 12 servings
- onion, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (60 mL)
- ¼ cup stone ground mustard (60 g)
- 1 cup orange juice (240 mL)
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 lb picnic ham (4 ½ kg), cured
- ½ cup honey (170 g)
- ½ cup dijon mustard (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- Calories 595
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 48g
- Protein 61g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the chopped onion, garlic cloves, apple cider vinegar, mustard, orange juice, and cloves to a large roasting pan, stirring to combine.
- Place the ham on the roasting rack over the liquid.
- Trim off tough outer skin, then score the remaining fat in a crosshatch pattern. Cover the entire roasting rack with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the ham from the oven, and remove the foil. Baste the ham with the liquid, then remove the rack from the roasting pan and set aside.
- Remove all the whole cloves from the remaining liquid in the pan. Pour the remaining liquid into a pot, along with the honey, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat, then simmer until thick and reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Brush the glaze on to the ham then transfer back to the roasting rack.
- Bake the ham for 30-45 minutes, or until the glaze is caramelized and the ham reaches 145°F (65°C).
- Slice the ham, and serve.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.