92% would make again
Hot Dog Twists
featured in Movie Night Snacks
ake your hot dogs more exciting by wrapping them in a flaky pastry dough and serving them with your favorite dipping sauce.
May 15, 2023
for 1 serving
- 1 hot dog sausage
- puff pastry
- mustard, to taste
- Calories 213
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Skewer a hot dog the long way.
- Cut a spiral by holding your knife at a diagonal to the hotdog and rolling it along your cutting board.
- Remove skewer and set aside.
- Cut a strip of puff pastry, it should be ½ inch (1 ³⁄₁₀ cm) wide and 1 and ½ in (4 cm) times the length of the hot dog you are using.
- Wind a strip of puff pastry into the spiral groove you just made on the hot dog.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 20-30 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.
- Serve with condiments of choice.