Ice Cream 'Box' Cake Pops
Bite into these delightful Ice Cream Box Cake Pops for a fun and whimsical treat! With a blend of cake and ice cream, these pops are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth at any celebration.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 24 cake pops
- 15 oz yellow cake mix (450 g), 1 box, prepared according to package instructions, cooled
- ½ cup vanilla frosting (50 g)
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream (145 g), softened
- 1 cup chocolate cookie (100 g), crushed
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream (145 g), softened
- 2 cups white chocolate (340 g), melted, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- whipped cream, for decorating, optional
- sprinkles, for decorating, optional
- 24 ice pop sticks
- foam board, optional
- Calories 210
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 23g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, crumble the cake into fine uniform crumbs. Add the vanilla frosting and mix thoroughly.
- Press 1 tablespoon of the cake mixture into each of the divots of an ice cube tray.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of vanilla ice cream over the cake. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of crushed cookies.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate ice cream on top (the ice cream might melt and mix slightly).
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Dip the ice pop sticks into 2 tablespoons of melted white chocolate and press them into the centers of the ice cream cake pops. Freeze for at least 8 hours, until solid.
- To make the cake pop holder, cut 3 2-foot by 5-inch (½ meter by 13 cm) strips of foam board. Place tape in between each layer, one on top of the other, so you have 3 layers of foam board. Carefully create 24 ½-inch (1 cm) slits 2 inches (2 cm) apart with a precision knife. Cut deep enough so you puncture the second layer of foam board. Each cake pop should easily push into the board and stand upright.
- Use a butter knife or offset spatula to loosen the ice cream cake pops from the ice cube tray.
- Add the remaining melted white chocolate to a tall drinking glass. Working 1 at a time, pull each cake pop from the ice cube mold and dip into the melted white chocolate. Place the cake pops in the cake pop holder or on a plate and keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Decorate the cake pops with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.