86% would make again
Ice Cream In A Bag
Homemade ice cream in under 10 minutes? This 3-ingredient ice cream comes together with the help of a little ice and rock salt. It’s a great activity for kids to join in too. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy all summer long!
July 20, 2022
for 2 servings
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 6 cups crushed ice (840 g)
- ⅓ cup rock salt (40 g)
- rainbow sprinkle, for serving
- 1 quart-sized zip-top bag
- 1 gallon-sized zip-top bag
- Calories 479
- Fat 51g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla bean paste to a quart-sized zip-top bag. Stir with a fork or small whisk to evenly combine. Squeeze out all of the excess air from the bag and seal shut.
- Add the crushed ice and rock salt to a gallon-sized zip-top bag. Gently shake to combine.
- Add the cream-filled bag to the ice-filled bag and seal shut. Shake vigorously for 7–10 minutes, until the ice cream has hardened.
- Carefully remove the ice cream bag from the larger bag. Serve immediately with rainbow sprinkles on top.