Ice Spice-Inspired Orange Caramel
This Ice Spice-inspired orange caramel tastes incredible when drizzled over vanilla bean ice cream or any other dessert!
for 4 servings
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 g)
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice (60 mL)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- chopped walnut, for garnish (optional)
- orange zest, for garnish (optional)
- Calories 259
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 37g
- Fiber 34g
- Sugar 37g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and orange juice. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook, removing the pot from the heat and swirling if the bubbles begin to rise to the surface, until the mixture is reduced to a thick syrup and the color turns light brown, 20–30 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add the butter, and stir immediately to combine. Add the cream, vanilla paste, allspice, cayenne, and salt and stir until incorporated and the consistency is smooth. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before using, or let cool completely before transferring to an airtight container and storing in the refrigerator until ready to use, up to 3 weeks.
- Drizzle over ice cream and top with walnuts and orange zest, if desired, or serve with apple slices for dipping.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.