for 4 servings
- 1 Impossible™ Burger
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon dried mint
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ⅓ cup small yellow onion (50 g), sauteed until translucent
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup garlic (65 g)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ cup full fat greek yogurt (120 mL)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 pita bread rounds
- 3 cups arugula (300 g)
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (40 g)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaf (40 g), roughly chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomato (100 g), halved
- 1 cup cucumber (150 g), halved lengthwise and thinly sliced into half-moons
- ½ cup red onion (75 g), pickled
- ⅓ cup lemon juice (80 mL)
- 8 skewers, 10 in (25 cm)
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Impossible™ Burger, salt, black pepper, cumin, paprika, chili powder, mint, oregano, and onion.
- Cut the yellow and red peppers into ¾-inch pieces and the zucchini in half lengthwise, then into ¾-inch-thick moons.
- Assemble the skewers: Thread 3 pieces of bell pepper and zucchini onto a skewer, leaving about 1½ inches of space at the base. Mold 2 tablespoons of the Impossible™ Burger mixture around the skewer about 1½ inches above the vegetables. Add 3 more pieces of vegetable, another portion of beef, and 3 more vegetables. Repeat to build the remaining kebabs (8 total). Place the kebabs on a plate and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Make the garlic sauce: In a food processor, combine the garlic, lemon juice, and salt. Pulse 5 times, until the garlic is minced. Add the yogurt and mayonnaise, and process until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill to 350°F (180°C).
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil all over the kebabs. Season the vegetables with salt.
- Place the kebabs on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until the “meat” is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Remove from the grill.
- Meanwhile, brush the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the pita bread. Grill for 45–60 seconds per side, or until lightly toasted. Remove from the grill and let cool slightly, then cut into triangles.
- To serve, divide the arugula, parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber, and pickled red onions among 4 plates. Drizzle with the lemon juice. Place 2 kebabs on each plate and serve immediately with the garlic sauce and grilled pita bread alongside.