Instant Pot Beef Bulgogi
Choose your own dinner adventure with this beef bulgogi! While the beef marinates, whip up pickled daikon radish and gochujang mayo for some added crunch and creamy spice. The beef is cooked in an Instant Pot until it’s super tender, then broiled for that signature char. How you serve the beef is up to you--we like it in lettuce wraps or over rice. Don’t forget to include plenty of toppings!
3 hr 5 min
3 hr 5 min
3 hr 5 min
3 hr 5 min
for 4 servings
- 2 lb beef chuck roast (910 g), thinly sliced
- ½ medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons gochujang
- 1 meduim asian pear, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 6 cloves garlic, grated
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (80 mL)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Pickled Daikon Radish
- 1 small daikon radish, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ cup hot water (120 mL)
- ½ cup rice vinegar (120 mL)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 g)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (245 g)
- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- rice, cooked or lettuce cups
- scallion, thinly sliced
- sesame seed
- carrot, shredded
- cucumber, thinly sliced
- fried egg
- Calories 1136
- Fat 70g
- Carbs 53g
- Fiber 49g
- Sugar 40g
- Protein 76g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Marinate the bulgogi: In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, gochujang, Asian pear, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and sugar. Toss until the beef is well coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours, up to 6 hours.
- While the beef is marinating, make the pickled daikon: In a large bowl, toss the daikon radish and salt together until fully coated. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, until the salt has dissolved and the radish has released most of its liquid. Transfer the daikon to a mesh strainer and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Return the drained daikon to the bowl and add the hot water, rice vinegar, and sugar and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours. The pickles will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Make the gochujang mayo: In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, gochujang, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and salt. Set aside until ready to use. The mayo will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Transfer the beef and its marinade to an Instant Pot. Close the lid to seal and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Once the 20 minutes has elapsed, allow to naturally release for 15 minutes. Turn the steam valve to venting to release the remaining pressure before opening.
- Arrange an oven rack at the top third of the oven. Turn on the broiler.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beef to a baking sheet and place under the broiler for 4–5 minutes, until slightly charred.
- Serve the beef immediately with the pickled daikon, gochujang mayo, and toppings as desired.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.