Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Is there anything better than chicken noodle soup when you are feeling chilly or under the weather? Use homemade chicken stock for a deeper flavor or store-bought for a quick and easy fix–either way, this soup is comforting and delicious.
for 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (500 g)
- 8 cups chicken stock (1.9 mL)
- 8 oz egg noodle (225 g)
- cracker, for serving (optional)
- Calories 1063
- Fat 66g
- Carbs 85g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 27g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté and add the olive oil. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring often, until just starting to soften, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring constantly, until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and chicken stock and cover with the lid. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set to Soup/Broth for 5 minutes. Once the timer goes off, release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, then add the egg noodles. Cover and turn the Instant Pot to sauté. Cook for about 7 minutes, or according to the package instructions, until the noodles are al dente.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with crackers, if desired.