Instant Pot Chole Masala
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 4 servings
- 1 cup chickpeas (200 g), soaked in water overnight
- 4 tablespoons mustard, vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 ground green cardamoms
- 1 large cadamom pod
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chana masala powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 cups water (720 mL)
- Calories 134
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 20g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Turn on the Instant pot on Saute mode. Add oil - once heated, add dry spices and roast for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and saute until translucent. Then, add ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw aroma disappears.
- Now, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, and Chana masala and saute.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft. Then, add soaked chickpeas and mix well to combine.
- Add salt and water. Close lid, switch to pressure cook mode and cook on high for 20 minutes, leaving the whistle sealed.
- After natural pressure release, open the lid, switch to normal mode, and add garam masala powder. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and mix with ghee. Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve alongside rotis or rice.