Instant Pot Cinnamon Rolls
Drown your cinnamon rolls with as much icing as you’d like with this Instant Pot recipe. The icing and the filling are both whipped together with only 5 ingredients and the dough is very forgiving, making this an easy recipe for even the most hopeless baker.
for 4 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 cups water (480 mL)
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (280 g), plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk (240 mL)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted divided
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar (75 g)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (80 g)
- 4 oz cream cheese (115 g), softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Calories 719
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 104g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 48g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Grease a 7-inch (17 cm) springform pan with non stick cooking spray. Cut a 7-inch (17 cm) round of parchment paper to fit over the pan and set aside.
- Make the dough: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the milk and melted butter and mix with a rubber spatula until a rough dough forms.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until stiff, about 3 minutes. Roll the dough out to a 9 x 12-inch (22 x 30 cm) rectangle.
- Make the filling: Brush the dough with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar filling over the dough and press into the melted butter.
- Starting from a long end, roll up the dough, forming a log, and pinch the seam closed. Place seam-side down. Cut into 8 equal pieces, each about 1½ inches (3 cm) wide.
- Place the rolls, cut-side up, in the prepared pan and brush the tops with the remaining tablespoon of melted butter. Place the parchment round on top and wrap the entire pan tightly with foil.
- Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot and pour in the water. Lower the pan with the cinnamon rolls into the Instant Pot, close, and set to manual high pressure. Set the timer for 25 minutes. When the 25 minutes has elapsed, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes, then manually release the remaining steam.
- Meanwhile, make the icing: Add the powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and milk to a large bowl. Beat with an electric hand mixer until fully combined and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan with the cinnamon rolls from the Instant Pot. Unwrap the pan, release the springform, and transfer the rolls to a serving platter.
- Spread the icing all over the top of the cinnamon rolls and serve warm.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.