Instant Pot Italian Chicken & Veggie Soup
Warm up with this Instant Pot Italian Chicken Veggie Soup that's bursting with flavor and ready in no time! A comforting, wholesome meal that'll make your taste buds dance and your belly happy.
August 14, 2023
93% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 jar Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce
- 7 cups Swanson Chicken Broth (1.6 L)
- 4 celery stalks, cut into ½-inch (1.24 cm) pieces (option to swap for your favorite veggie)
- 2 medium carrots, cut into ½-inch (1.24 cm) pieces (option to use frozen or swap for your favorite veggie)
- 1 lb red potato (455 g), cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) (option to swap for your favorite veggie)
- 2 medium zucchinis, cut into ½-inch (1.24 cm) pieces (option to use frozen or swap for your favorite veggie)
- 1 lb chicken breast (455 g), cut in half
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Turn the Instant Pot to the sauté function and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes, until soft and starting to brown.
- Add the Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce and Swanson Chicken Broth and stir to combine. Add the celery, carrots, potatoes, and zucchini, then place the chicken breast portions on top.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes, then release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, shred, then return to the soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with parsley.