Instant Pot Mac & Cheese
What if you could have creamy homemade mac and cheese in less time than it takes to make the boxed version? This recipe comes together in just 10 minutes, thanks to the Instant Pot. Once you try it, you’ll never go back to the box!
for 4 servings
- 1 lb dried elbow macaroni (425 g)
- 4 cups water (960 mL)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup whole milk (60 mL)
- fresh parsley, for garnish - optional - chopped
- Calories 978
- Fat 49g
- Carbs 88g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 42g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the macaroni, water, and salt to the Instant Pot and stir to combine. Close the lid and set to pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. Once the timer goes off, set the Instant Pot to quick release.
- Remove the lid, add the butter, and stir until melted. Add the cheddar cheese, then the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, and stir until melted and creamy.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.