Instant Pot Pav Bhaji
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 whole dry chili peppers
- 2 whole bay leaves
- ½ cinnamon stick, broken into big pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes (200 g)
- 4 garlics, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric, hardar
- 2 teaspoons pav bhaji spice pack
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala, (optional for spicy heat)
- 2 cups water (480 mL), (adjust to desired consistency)
- 1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, coarsely cubed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetable (300 g)
- Calories 237
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Press "Saute" mode on Instant Pot
- Heat avocado oil and whole spices.
- Add onions and tomatoes and saute until onions are translucent. Then, add garlic, ginger, crushed tomatoes, salt, paprika, red chili powder, turmeric, pav bhaji spice pack, garam masalo. Add 1 cup water. Mix well. Let gravy cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent gravy from burning.
- Add all the vegetables and mix well with gravy.
- Add the remaining water and mix well. Water level should be about ¾ to the top of the veggies, so adjust as necessary.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and press 'Cancel' and then press "Steam" and adjust time to 12 minutes. Set valve to 'Sealing' mode.
- Once the Instant Pot completes the cycle, it will beep. Either switch the valve to 'Venting' position (be careful as steam will come out of the top of the IP), or allow the Instant Pot to manually vent. Carefully open the lid once it is safe to do so.
- Using a potato masher or handheld immersion blender, mash all the cooked veggies and mix well to incorporate with the gravy.
- Serve with buttered and toasted bread. For a low carb option, you can serve on romaine or butter lettuce.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, lemon and finely chopped onions.