Instant Pot Quinoa Khichdi
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 whole dry chili peppers
- 4 whole cloves
- ½ cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- ¾ cup quinoa (110 g)
- ¾ cup mung (150 g), moong dal
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt, (adjust per taste)
- Calories 184
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 30g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Wash and strain quinoa and mung dal and set aside.
- Press 'Saute' mode on Instant Pot.
- Add avocado oil, dry chili pepper, cinnamon stick pieces, cloves, cumin seeds, and mustard seeds.
- Once heated, the mustard seeds will 'pop.’ At this point, add the washed and strained quinoa and dal.
- Add water, salt and turmeric and mix well. Once done, close the lid on the IP.
- Press 'Cancel' and then 'Multigrain'. Set time to 12 min.
- Move valve to 'Sealing' position and let cook.
- Serve hot.