Italian Chopped Salad
All of your favorite Italian flavors are chopped together in this hearty salad. Full of tender and bitter greens, hearty protein from salami and chickpeas, and flavor boosters like Provolone, pepperoncini, and a garlicky vinaigrette, it’s satisfying enough to stand alone, or can be served alongside your favorite dishes for an Italian feast.
for 6 servings
- 2 romaine hearts, thinly sliceds
- 1 small head of radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced hard salami (225 g)
- ½ cup thinly sliced Provolone cheese (50 g)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (200 g)
- 15 oz 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (450 g)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced pepperoncini (115 g)
- 4 garlic cloves, minceds
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ cup olive oil (120 mL)
- Calories 528
- Fat 37g
- Carbs 27g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 21g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the salad: In a large bowl, toss together the romaine, radicchio, salami, Provolone, tomatoes, chickpeas, red onion, and pepperoncini.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the garlic, mustard, Parmesan, vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking until smooth and emulsified.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.