89% would make again
Jalapeño Mild Sauce
featured in Fathers Day Hot Sauce
Inspired by pepperscale.com
for 6 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 jalapeñoes, seeded, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup onion (75 g), chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water (480 mL)
- ½ cup white vinegar (120 mL)
- Calories 36
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over high heat, then add the jalapeños, onion, garlic, and salt. Stir and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the water and vinegar. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 20 minutes stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let cool.
- Pour the jalapeño mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Using a funnel, pour the sauce into a bottle or jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.