Jalapeño Popper Cups
for 12 cups
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded Cabot Habanero Cheese (100 g)
- 1 cup shredded Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese (100 g)
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), softened
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 3 jalapeñoes, seeded and diced
- Calories 148
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place a sheet of phyllo dough on a clean, flat surface and brush with melted butter. Place another sheet of phyllo on top of the buttered sheet and brush with more butter. Repeat with another sheet of phyllo, then stack a final sheet of phyllo on top and press to flatten. Repeat with the remaining 4 sheets of phyllo and melted butter.
- Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut 6 circles from each layered phyllo square for a total of 12 rounds. Press each round into a cavity of a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Par-bake the phyllo cups until beginning to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Cabot Habanero Cheese, Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese, cream cheese, garlic, salt, scallion whites, and the jalapeños. Mix well.
- Evenly distribute the filling between the phyllo cups, about 1 heaping tablespoon per cup.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cups cool slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with the scallion greens, then serve.