Jamaican Rum-Glazed BBQ Pig’s Tail
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 4 servings
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (40 g)
- 1 cup fresh parsley (40 g)
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
BBQ Pig’s Tail
- 2 lb cured pig's tail (905 g)
- 3 cups BBQ sauce (780 g)
- ½ cup ketchup (120 g)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup dark rum (120 mL)
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Calories 1023
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 103g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 81g
- Protein 54g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Blend together ingredients for green seasoning.
- Add pig’s tail to pot of boiling water for 20 minutes to rinse.
- Add blended green seasoning to a second pot of boiling water and then re-add pig’s tail to water. (You will be boiling the pigs tail twice in total)
- Remove pig’s tail from the water after 15 minutes ensuring not to rinse them off the second time.
- Heat BBQ grill to 350°F (180°C) or set oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine the BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, rum, garlic, ginger, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in a medium bowl.
- If using a BBQ grill, cook pig’s tail on each side for 3 minutes and then add the sauce and again leave each side for 4 minutes until the fat has somewhat melted and is dark and sizzling.
- If using oven, cover pig’s tail with foil and bake for 6 minutes without sauce. Brush BBQ sauce onto pig’s tail, making sure both sides are covered completely in sauce. Leave for another 5 minutes, still covered with foil, and then for another three minutes without the foil to achieve a dark crispness on the outside.
- Best served hot!