for 4 servings
- 1 small yellow onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 medium jalapeno, halved and seeded
- 2 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaf
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup olive oil (120 mL)
- ¼ cup Guinness® Extra Stout (65 g), plus more for serving
- ¼ cup orange juice (60 mL)
- ¼ cup lime juice (60 mL)
- 4 lb chicken wings (1.7 kg), broken down into drumettes and flats
- Calories 1188
- Fat 95g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 69g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, jalapeño, brown sugar, thyme, salt, black pepper, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, cayenne, ground cloves, olive oil, Guinness® Extra Stout, orange juice, and lime juice to a high-powered blender or food processor and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Place the chicken wings in a large resealable bag and pour in the marinade. Make sure all of the wings are well coated, then seal the bag and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the chicken wings from the bag, reserving the marinade, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken wings for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush the wings generously with the reserved marinade, then return to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes. Remove the wings from the oven again, flip, and generously brush with marinade again. Bake for 10 minutes more, or until the wings are deep golden brown in color and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C). Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes, until cool enough to handle.
- Serve the wings with glasses of Guinness® Extra Stout.