93% would make again
Jewish Strawberry Jam And Chocolate Chip Mandelbrot As Made By Danielle Warren
These cookies are a delightful fusion of sweet strawberry jam and rich chocolate chips, resulting in a treat that's bursting with flavor and cultural charm. Perfect for sharing with loved ones or savoring on your own, these cookies are a testament to the joy of baking and the beauty of traditions.
May 05, 2023
for 30 cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (375 g)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup corn oil (240 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup strawberry jam (325 g), smooth, plus more for serving (optional)
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (90 g), (optional)
- cinnamon sugar, for topping
- Calories 142
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add the corn oil, vanilla, and eggs, and stir with a rubber spatula until the dough starts to come together. Use your hands to finish mixing the dough until well combined and thick.
- If making strawberry mandelbrot, wet your hands with water and shape half of the dough into a rough oval on the prepared baking sheets. Pinch the edges of the dough up to create a well. Spread the strawberry jam in the center of the dough. Flatten the remaining dough and place on top of the strawberry jam. Leave a bit of extra dough in the bowl to fill in the cracks.
- If making chocolate chip mandelbrot, fold the chocolate chips into the dough. Wet your hands with water and shape the dough into a rough oval on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the mandelbrot for 25-35 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cutting board. Top with cinnamon sugar, if desired, then slice into 1-inch-wide pieces.
- Serve with additional strawberry jam, whipped cream, coffee, or ice cream, if desired.