Under 30 minutes
for 28 cookies
- 14 tablespoons Kerrygold™ Pure Irish Unsalted Butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150 g)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (185 g), plus 2 tablespoons
- ½ cup cornstarch (65 g)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 28 small fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
- coarse sugar, such as turbinado, for sprinkling
- Calories 46
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the Kerrygold™ Pure Irish Unsalted Butter and granulated sugar with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the lemon juice, egg yolk, and lemon zest, and mix until well-combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, cardamom, salt, and chopped thyme. Mix with a rubber spatula to incorporate, then continue mixing with the hand mixer on low speed until the dough comes together, about 3 minutes. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to a ¼-inch-thick rectangle. Trim the edges to make a perfect rectangle, roughly 10½ x 6 inches. Using a knife, cut out 28 1½-inch squares.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Press a small sprig of thyme onto the top of each cookie, then sprinkle with coarse sugar. Freeze the cookies on the pans for 10 minutes (this will help them hold their shape while baking).
- Bake the cookies for 12–14 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, about 30 minutes.