93% would make again
Keto Caprese Avocado Bowls
featured in Have These Keto Snacks Without Guilt
Avocados will be your new favorite edible bowls in this quick and easy keto lunch. Stuffed with creamy mozzarella pearls, sweet cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil, this refreshing flavor combo comes together in under 30 minutes. These gluten-free and vegetarian bowls are so easy to make, you’ll have this recipe memorized in no time.
for 2 servings
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar (240 mL)
- 2 large avocados
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- ½ cup small mozzarella pearls (50 g)
- ½ cup cherry tomato (100 g), halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Calories 610
- Fat 45g
- Carbs 36g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the balsamic reduction: In a small pan, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 15–20 minutes, until the vinegar reduces and turns syrupy. Remove the pan from the heat and let the reduction cool completely. The reduction will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Make the bowls: Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove the pits. Brush the avocado halves with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mozzarella, tomatoes, remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and the olive oil.
- Fill each avocado half with the tomato and mozzarella filling. Top with the flaky salt and the basil and drizzle with the balsamic reduction.