Keto Chicken Piccata
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts, thin-sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine (120 mL)
- 1 cup chicken stock (240 mL)
- 1 lemon, juice only
- ¼ cup caper (30 g), drained
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for browning chicken
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Calories 580
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 47g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Season both sides of each piece of chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, melt 1 tbsp butter with 1 tbsp olive oil. Brown chicken on both sides and move to a plate. Add more olive oil or butter to the pan as needed.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and reduce by half, about 3 minutes. Add chicken stock/broth and bring to a boil. Reduce for 5-10 minutes.
- Halfway through reducing, melt 1 tbsp butter in the microwave and mix in the xanthan gum. Pour the butter mixture into the pan and continue to reduce now over low heat, stirring to incorporate. This will thicken quickly. If it is too thick, add more chicken stock/broth.
- Add lemon juice and capers, and continue to simmer on low for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 tbsp butter until melted and taste to check for seasoning.
- Continuing on low heat, add the chicken back into the pan, turning pieces over to coat in sauce. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is fully reheated.