96% would make again
Keto Friendly Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Rolls
featured in Keto Meals To Get You Through The Week
for 4 servings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz spinach (285 g)
- 1 cup artichoke heart (170 g), chopped
- 2 oz cream cheese (55 g), softened
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan cheese (75 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ⅓ cups riced cauliflower (135 g), to serve
- 2 cups broccoli (300 g), cooked, to serve
- Calories 556
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 66g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the spinach and artichoke, and stir.
- Mix in cream cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese, and stir until the cheeses are well incorporated. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder until evenly coated.
- To pound out the chicken, take a chicken breast and butterfly it by slicing half way into it to open like a book, making sure not to slice all the way through. Cover the breast with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Gently pound the meat with a mallet or rolling pin until it is evenly flattened, about ¼ inch (6 mm) in thickness.
- Onto each pounded chicken breast, evenly add ¼ of the spinach-artichoke mixture, but making sure to not overfill the chicken.
- Carefully roll the chicken breast until the ends overlap and then place the chicken into a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully opaque and reaches at least 165°F (75°C).
- Serve with riced cauliflower, broccoli, or other low carb vegetables of your choice.
- Eat right away or refrigerate until ready to eat.