Keto-Friendly Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Rolls
featured in Keto Meals To Get You Through The Week
These keto-friendly chicken rolls are packed with spinach, artichoke, and cream cheese filling, and baked to perfection. They're a perfect low-carb dinner option!
October 24, 2023
97% would make again
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz fresh spinach (285 g)
- 8 oz artichoke hearts (170 g), chopped
- 2 oz cream cheese (55 g), softened
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan cheese (75 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ⅓ cups cooked riced cauliflower (135 g), for serving
- 2 cups cooked broccoli (300 g), for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Stir in the spinach until wilted, then add the artichoke hearts.
- Add the cream cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan and stir until the cheeses are well-incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Season the the chicken breasts with the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- To pound out the chicken, take a chicken breast and butterfly it by slicing half way into it to open like a book, making sure not to slice all the way through. Cover the breast with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Gently pound the meat with a mallet or rolling pin until it is evenly flattened, about ¼ inch (6 mm) in thickness.
- Evenly spread ¼ of the spinach-artichoke mixture over each pounded chicken breast, making sure to not overfill the chicken.
- Carefully roll the chicken breasts until the ends overlap, then place in a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is fully opaque and the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F (75°C).
- Serve with riced cauliflower, broccoli, or other low-carb vegetables of your choice.
- Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.