93% would make again
Kiano's Potato Bhajias
featured in 11 Street Food Recipes You Can Make At Home
for 10 servings
- ⅓ cup chickpea flour (40 g)
- ¼ cup rice flour (30 g)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), finely chopped
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- kosher salt, to taste
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- oil, for frying
- 1 lb yukon gold potato (455 g), peeled and sliced into 1/8 in (3 mm) thick rounds
- tomato, or other chutney, for serving
- Calories 105
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpea flour, rice flour, cilantro, serrano peppers, ginger, garlic, salt, and water. Stir with a rubber spatula until smooth.
- Heat 1 inch (2 cm) of oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat until it reaches 350˚F (180˚C).
- Working in batches, add the potatoes to the batter and toss to coat.
- In batches, transfer the battered potatoes to the hot oil and fry until golden brown, flipping occasionally. Drain the fried potatoes on paper towels.
- Serve hot with tomato chutney or your chutney of choice.