70% would make again
We’re adding kimchi and Spam to a go-to classic! This dish comes together in a snap and is fully of cheesy, tangy goodness.
May 12, 2020
for 2 servings
- ½ can Spam®, cubed
- 1 cup kimchi (100 g)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ½ cup sweet corn (85 g)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (100 g), divided
- Calories 452
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 39g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut the Spam into small cubes. Chop the kimchi.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the kimchi and sauté until reddish-brown in color and most of the liquid has evaporated, 4–5 minutes.
- Push the kimchi to the edges of the pan and add the Spam. Sauté for 3–4 minutes, until starting to crisp, then add the sweet corn and cook for another 2–3 minutes, until warmed through. Add the sesame oil, stir to combine, and cook for 1 minute longer, until the flavors have melded. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Place a tortilla in a clean medium skillet. Sprinkle ¼ cup mozzarella cheese over half of the tortilla. Add half of the kimchi and Spam mixture, top with another ¼ cup mozzarella, and fold the tortilla over. Turn the heat to medium and add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet. Fry the quesadilla on each side for 2–3 minutes, until golden and crispy and the cheese has melted. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining ingredients.