87% would make again
Korean Corn Cheese Spicy Ramen
We combined two Korean classics–corn cheese and spicy ramen–to make this garlicky, spicy, and cheesy dish that’s sure to be a snack time favorite!
July 29, 2022
for 2 servings
- 5 oz korean-style stir-fry ramen noodles, including spice packet
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn (170 g)
- ¼ cup japanese mayonnaise (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kimchi, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (150 g)
- ¼ cup scallions (10 g), greens only, thinly sliced on the bias
- Calories 603
- Fat 42g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the ramen noodles and cook according to the package instructions. Drain the noodles, reserving ⅓ cup of the cooking water.
- Arrange an oven rack in the top position. Turn the oven to broil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium heatproof bowl, stir together the frozen corn, mayonnaise, sugar, garlic, and pepper. Microwave for 2 minutes, or until the corn has thawed.
- Transfer the noodles to a medium heatproof bowl. Add the reserved cooking water, spice packet, and kimchi and use chopsticks to stir until well combined.
- Melt the butter in an 8-inch cast iron skillet over medium-low heat, tilting to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the noodles in an even layer. Top with the corn mixture, then the mozzarella cheese. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil until the cheese starts to brown, rotating the pan if it is browning on one side more than the other, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the scallions, then serve.