90% would make again
Lasagna Chips And Dip
featured in 6 Homemade Chip Upgrades
Inspired by geniuskitchen.com
for 30 servings
- 16 oz lasagna noodle (455 g)
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ⅓ cups grated parmesan cheese (145 g), divided, plus more for serving
- 3 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ medium yellow onion, minced
- ¼ cup carrot (25 g), minced
- ¼ cup celery (55 g), minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb ground beef (225 g)
- ½ lb italian sausage (225 g)
- ⅓ cup tomato paste (75 g)
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- ¼ cup red wine (60 mL)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (250 g)
- ½ cup fresh spinach (20 g), chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- italian parsley, chopped, for serving
- Calories 147
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain well and separate the noodles carefully.
- Cut the noodles into triangles and transfer to baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Brush on both sides of noodles.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of salt, the dried oregano, dried basil, paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl, and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture and ⅓ cup (35 g) of Parmesan cheese over the noodles. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced onion, carrot, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 5-10 minutes.
- Once the vegetables have caramelized, add the ground beef, Italian sausage, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, and the tomato paste. Stir to combine, breaking up the meat.
- Cook until the meat has browned, 15-20 minutes.
- Add the red wine. Bring the sauce to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, spinach, fresh basil, remaining cup of Parmesan cheese, remaining teaspoon of salt, and remaining ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- Spread half of the meat sauce in the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- Gently spread the ricotta cheese over the sauce.
- Spoon the remaining meat sauce over the ricotta and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake the noodles and layered dip for 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the noodle chips are crispy.
- Sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top of noodle chips, if desired.
- Sprinkle parsley on top of dip, if desired.